Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Anti-Psychotic drugs

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Anti-Psychotic drugs

Should a Crohn's patient be given anti-Psychotic Drugs ?
Interesting question - why do you ask? I got steroid induced psychosis in 2003 when dx with breast cancer. I was in a flare with Crohn's and on 25 mg a day of prednisone. I had been on steroids for 30+ yrs at the time and never had psychosis before. It was the most frightening time of my life and I was suicidal. I didn't get anti-psychotic drugs, but should have done. My gastro said he will never prescribe steroids for me again, as it could reoccur. I am now on methotrexate, 12.5mg injections each week and doing well.
Liz.
Anti-psychotic drugs hide the pain caused by Chron's. After my operation (to remove 1ft 1/2 of damaged intestines) I overdid it. Two jobs, no enough sleep or food. That triggered a psychosis. After that, I leaned that that was really not a good idea.

The Psychiatrist didn't know about my Crohn's. When he leaned about it, he threw me back to the gastroenterologist. That's when I learned the ins and outs of psychiatric diagnosis. Short of biopsy, it's BS. Many things cause psychotic events.

By now, I've learned to cook using what comes out of my breast and brewing bacteria to put back into my food to digest it properly. It works, but it's terribly complicated. Since it is hard to make it work all the time, when it doesn't work well, I twist in pain for hours.

Since I am a man with working breast, the Youth Protection Agency calls me insain and say that I am putting sick idears in my sun's head.

Now tell me, someone, who plays the role of a doctor of any kind who is completely ignorant of male breastfeeding and says in court that he doesn't know if male breast milk helps digestion ! Milk is milk ! Female or Male.

I really don't want to waste a penny sewing these ignorant doctors. I would rather like to find written medical documents to prove the obvious, because no matter what I say, I get the 'you're insane' treatment in court.
I am so sorry about your situation, never ever heard of a man expressing his breast fluid.I truly think you need some kind of pschyotherapy - what you are doing is not natural, and I think you need help to get life into perspective. You need to think about your son's future mental development and the weird things you are doing. I don't find it all natural, and you could be harming your son.
Hope you can get some help as you are obviously in a seriously psychotic state and need some medical help to get you into a normal healthy mental state.  My prayers are with you and your son - who does not deserve this deviant behaviour you are exhibiting.
Dear lizziecee,

From the medical point of view, this is not the medical opinion at all. Male lactation is a documented fact. I had to ask my gastroenterologist if there were any more test to be done for my breast. The answer was no. There aren't any. Blood test came out normal witch proves good feeding practices. My gastroenterologist even noted to the letter written to the court :

..." his feeding habits may be unorthodox, but it keeps him healthy and the blood tests prove it."

As for psychiatric tests, I allready went. Unless a patient shows classical signs of schizophrenia, they can't offer any treatment.

For more info :

http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byissue/malelactation.html

And the obvious:

http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/miscarticles/milkmen.html

This should help you understand the medical facts about breastfeeding and put aside the religious brains washing.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding.