Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Any Two Siblings that suffer from Chrohns or colitis?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Hi all,I have suffered from Ulcerative Colitis for 25yrs and my older Sister had Chrohns for 30yrs.She passed away in March after finding a tumor in her bowel 12months after her last Colonoscopy,Chemo and radiation treatment we're not successful unfortunately,it was so unexpected :(....I was wondering if anyone has heard or knows of Siblings that suffer from these two deseases?the only good thing about this desease was I could talk to my Sister and she to me whenever we were sick,it was a blessing really because we knew what each other was going through on our worst day ,as you all would agree you wouldn't wish it on your worst a enemy that's for sure!!!
I am so sorry you lost your sister.  I have big issues, but no diagnosis of one of these yet.  I need to have a barium enema once I get insurance.  But I am sorry you lost your sister and confidente.  Hopefully somebody here can at least be there to talk to.  
Thank you for your kind words..I hope you get your medical issues all sorted ASAP..and hope its nothing to serious ..I do wish you all the best  
Thanks, Minnie.
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my brother 4 years ago, and believe that he had an autoimmune disease as well. I'll never know, but the more I learn of my own, I feel certain it contributed to his sudden death.

This is a lonely disease in that it isolates us from the more commonly talked about diseases. So little is known by the general public, I've found. Ignorance breeds apathy, so it seems. So, I can relate to your loss of a sibling as a person to confide, and share "issues" of the day without the fear of being labeled a Hypochondriac is really necessary with a disease such as ours. The symptoms, pain, struggle, battle, and depression that can ensue is VERY REAL. We have to have a positive, supportive outlet.

I echo your feeling following the loss of an only sibling who "understood" me. Sometimes, I just withdraw, rather than be "the guy" who is constantly complaining or grimacing from pain. Trying to make other people comfortable when I'm not is a daily challenge. So, I empathize with you.

Do hang in there. You aren't alone in this world of ours...
I also have colitis and my brother had crohns. He also passed away with heart attack. He was on alot of meds also steroids. I  wonder if some of these meds  didn't cause his heart attacks. I have unbearable reflux with diarrhea and horrible flatulence. I have been on all the meds and developed allergy which my brother also was allergic to sulfa drugs.  I am unable to work other medical condition. My sisters say I have diarrhea  too. Really It does not limit their activities. They have no idea. I am confined to home and have at times unable to control the diarrhea. It is hard to deal with but I know you will come across what works with you.  
I was just recently diagnosed with crohns, I'm 33, my older brother had colitis, years ago, but has since gone into remission, my father has had crowns for over 20 yrs, mostly in remission, I'm the unlucky one at the moment, thecwere wanting to remove 2ft of my small intestine iChat at the ileum.  My father has been on 6 mp,mi have just started it bout 3 months ago, and I'm supposed to start humira but possible fistulas and abscess was found, lovely disease, only thing that helps me through the day at the moment are painpills
Ulcerative Colitis questions?
100,000+ doctor answers