Anyone been diagnosed with Crohns having the Prometheus 7 Lab study
Reason being, DH had an emergency appendicitis a few weeks back.   The hospital ran some tests and showed unidentified inflamation so his regular Doc sent his for additional tests including a Barium swallow with lower GI, cat scan and this blood test.    The swallow came back normal but this blood test picked up levels that are prominent with Crohn's.   He does not have any of the symptoms associated with Crohn's such as the diarehea, pain, etc. etc so we are wondering how accurate this test even is as we have been reading about it and it seems like it is not very accurate.   He has not had a colonoscopy yet which I am sure is the next test on the list as he will see his Doc again next week.    We are of course taken back by this diagnosis considering he does not have any of the symptoms but I guess anything is possible.   Thanks for any assistance anyone can offer.
Hi there!

This would depend on what blood test was done in the case, though blood tests may not be specific for the condition. There are other causes of inflammation which may need to be considered as well. I would suggest discussing the situation and the management plan in detail with his treating gastroenterologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!