Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Bacterial Vaginosis and Crohn's

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Bacterial Vaginosis and Crohn's

Hi, I wasn't sure what forum this would go in. I just found out I have a case of bacterial vaginosis and my doctor prescribed Clindesse for me to take. So I get home to night and get ready to use it, and it has a warning about using it if u have ulceratie colitis/ crohn's. Well I have Crohn's disease(coming up on being disagnosed for a year now) and my gyn knew this. I called her office, though they are not there yet, and left a message. I will call her and my gastro doctor in the morning, but for my own piece of mind, I was wondering f it was ok to take? Also, I had a resection(removal of the infected area of intestine, which was all in the small intestine) in July, if that makes any difference. (also posted in the women's section)
Any one else have to deal with this?
Flagyl is the best thing to use for BV and Crohn's from what my doctor says.