Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Bloating Problems
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bloating Problems

When I was about 16, I used to be obese. And suddenly, I had the urge to lose weight. So then, I tried so hard to lose weight. My weight loss had been drastic, all it took was 4mos to lose about 1/4 of my previous weight. Ever since then, I had an irregular eating habbit, I only eat whenever I want to since I'm terrified of gaining back the weight that I had lost. Also, I had been taking some Chinese diet pills to satiate my hunger. However, just this January, I've been starting to feel stomach pains whenever I don't eat, and even if I eat, I still feel those pains. I didn't have a clue by that time that it was gas pains, it was only until March that I really, really became bloated that I finally knew that it was a gas problem. I suddenly gained weight, and no matter how many or little I eat, I still get bloated. I tried taking digestive enzymes and betaine hydrochloride, but it doesn't seem to do the trick. What can I do to get rid of this bloating?
Since I'm new here, II do hope you'd be able to answer my question because I've been having a hard time with all this bloating. Thank you so much!
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
To treat bloating you have to find the cause. Other than IBS or spastic colon you could be suffering from Celiac Disease/Ulcerative Colitis/ Crohn’s disease, H pylori infection, diabetes, food intolerance, malabsorption syndromes, constipation, gallbladder and liver problems, pancreatic dysfunction, or taking a diet rich in sulfites juices, molasses, yellow dye in ready made food stuffs, red wine, mashed potatoes made from dry powder, pickles, tinned shrimp, cookies, crackers, and readymade pie dough). Cancers of the gut and in female ovarian cancer too could be a cause. These causes need to be ruled out.
Restrict the above food items in your diet. Take probiotics. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food. If bloating persists, please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...