Breaking Out- Crohn's disease
My Crohn's disease was in remition until recently. I noticed that when I have a flare-up my face, scalp, back, trunk, ect breaks out and the sores are EXTREMELY painful. Is there anything I can do for this? HELP!!!!!!! My GI doc is going to have me go on Humira. Thank you!!!!
Have you gone in to ask about antibiotics? I broke out in sores and mine turned out to be erythema nodosum and they put me on penicillin. You should go get them checked out. If in doubt, with our disease, go get checked out.
Best of luck.
Thank you. I have a appt with my doc next week and will give him the heads up. I JUST KNEW there had to be something to it. Some of my previous GI doc's just laughed like I was crazy. Again Thank you!!!!
Best of luck and I hope they help you out....Your previous GI's laughed??? Well thats why they are "PREVIOUS" eh? My GI kicks ***. No pun intended. :P
Ya gotta have someone who will listen to you...with how much pain we can be in at times why would we want another Jerk laughing at us.

Here's a story...

Went to the ER one time - one of MULTIPLE TRIPS and was in excruciating pain. The nurses were LAUGHING about my condition. (My stomach and lower abdominal area hurt and I was constipated - DUE TO my having anal /perianal fissures and not wanting to sit on the toilet bleeding...

anyways they LAUGHED about "GI"conditions and the doctor they gave me (ANOTHER PRIZE) lOl...gave me SALT WATER ENEMAs...I HAD FISSURES!!!!!!....anyways long story short I talked to the head nurse for the ER about these individuals as Even I KNOW you dont give someone grief about their health first of all, and then secondly for a doctor to give you the salt water enemas when you are already torn and bloody...mmmmmm...suffice it to say NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!!!!!.... they ended up doing some time on the GI floor - not my wish because I saw both of them when I was later admitted to that floor for having been NOT TREATED properly during any of my ER visits...and they both apologized as they saw how much pain that entire floor goes through and how we have ZERO control over anything...I think one of them was happy to transfer back to the ER, but the other one still works there and she now is one of the better nurses there...it's all about finding your spot in life right?? :)

GET THEM TO FIX YOU...Just because one person is clueless doesn't mean that they can't learn or that you have to suffer for it.
Just got back home. I had appt with my GI doc started Humira today. (As I said I really love this guy!!!) I showed him the sores and he in turn called a dermatologist to see me RIGHT AWAY (because I live 60 miles away and I was there my GI doc did not want me to go home and come right back). The Derm saw it and did say that there was no "wash" that could help me. It is from the Crohn's. He put me on Monodox  Again Thank you for answering my post. I know that I'm not nuts and those sores do hurt bigtime. Now hopefully the Humira will kick in.!!!!! THANKS
glad they did something to help you out. :)