Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Burning butt.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Burning butt.

I have UC. I had my entire colon removed 2yrs ago and have an internal J-pouch now, I srill have frequant bowl movements and chronic diarrhea. I have to wear diapers as a safty net. My butt feels like a 3rd degree burn 247, and wen i go its like acidic bile and it burns like none other, it burns\eats away at skin so bad that it starts to bleed, i neva have blood in my stool, just the blood from the skin breaking apart. i have tryed everything like desitin and wut not but they just made it worse! i was just reccomended "Bag Balm" if u dont know wut it is[ i looked it up] it's for cows chapped udders. today i tried it we shall see how i feel in morning. anyhow, anyone else got any secret concoctions to use as a butt paste? i'm willn to try anything!! thx!
I suffered the same way early after my surgery.  Here are some things that helped me:

1.  Get your diet under control.  Ensure you are not eating sugars, caffiene, spicy, dairy or high fiber foods.  You can add these back in later once you are doing better.  Make sure you are eating oat products, rice products, apple sauce (smooth) to help reduce your bowel output.

2.  Take immodium if you need it.  You aren't going to heal with the high volume of stool.  And anti-gas preparations can help you to gain more control.  Ask for anti-spasmodics if you are still getting spasms in your bowel.

3.  Take sitz baths - nice and hot.  This will sooth the area.  Just lightly tap dry when done.

4.  Because of the bile in your stools (a result of no large bowel), it is essential that you are extremely thorough in cleaning your bottom.  I found I have to actually get right inside with the tissue.  

5.  Look at using non-alcohol moisturizing toilet friendly wet wipes.

6.  I used Swean Cream after my sugery but also got relief with zinc oxide and other diaper rash ointments.  You may have to try a few to ensure you get the relief you need.

It does get better.  Once you get past this life  will be wonderful again.