Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
CELEBREX

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

CELEBREX

Has anyone used Celebrex for their Crohn's?  I have severe joint point pain and I have been told that Celebrex is a huge help for this.  I am wondering about side effects and medicine interactions.

I took Celebrex for several years for joint pain due to Crohn's.  I keep having bowel obstructions so I went to a new dr.  He told me to stop taking the Celebrex and start taking a tylenol everyday.  I have not had any more obstructions but I do still have some joint pain.
I have ulcerative colitis for a few years, I been in hospital a couple of times but the last time i was in it was due to the pain killing drug meloxicam for joint pain. I am almost sure celelbrex is in the same family, so to speak, as meloxicam.. I ended up losing the lining of my stomach. I had had a problem with anti flams for a while and i new i couldnt take celebrex as i had terrible cramps in my stomach. My doctor gave me the meloxicam by mistake, he done it again the other day but luckily i spotted it and he apologised and changed them to etoricoxib. Please be careful when you are given pain relievers and anti flams. Ime really worried about taking these etoricoxib even tho i was assured by the receptionist that they are not in the same family as celebrex and meloxicam..I really do believe that the celbrex caused you to have the bowel obstructions as with me it caused me to lose the lining of my stomach and also a huge flare up of ulcerative colitis which as soon as my own doctor the visited me i was rushed in and he told me i should never even of been given them..Anyway just be careful what you take. Your new doctor was absolutely right to take you off celebrex. Maybe you could ask about etoricoxib even though you have crohns and not colitis..good luck.
I have been taking Celebrex for almost five years.  Last August I was diagnosed with Lymphocytic Colitis.   I have continued to use Celebrex without any problems.  I am also taking Lialda (3.6g/day) and Flora-Q once per day.
I also have Crohn's disease, and I am curently on Remicade and Pentasa.  Recently I began having agonizing joint pains.  The last time I got Remicade, the pains went aways immediately, however they came back after 3 weeks.  I only get the Remicade Infusion once every six weeks, so I am looking into what I can take for the joint pain in between.  I am currently trying Tylenol and Tramadol, but they don't work all that well for me.  I'd like to hear if you find something we can take for joint pains that will not interfere with Crohn's.
an ayurvedic herb called guggul treats joint pain of colitis like magic , google it up