Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
CHRONS

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

CHRONS

How do you know if you should be tested for chrons my grandfather had it my uncle and my other uncle is the worse he takes so many pills in a day and lives off percocet has had more surgerys than i can count. i was pregnant last year and i thought the diarrhea i had was a symptom of that, after the baby it continued, then i had gall stones and had my gall bladder taken out so i said maybe the diarrhea was from that it has slowed down a lot and i don't have it everyday anymore but still do get it i had it everyday for over a year. i am going through a divorce so i also thought maybe stress but i don't want to take a chance with chrons cause my uncle has come close to death many times. what are the symptoms and how do i know if i should be tested and how do they test you
Yes, you should be tested.  There is a genetic test to see if you have the gene.
Also, a colonoscopy is in order.  See a gi dr.

My first symptoms in 2000/2001 were just diarrhea.  Then later I had what I thought was a flu attack.   Chills to the point I was freezing.  Of course I had fever and the next day I was washed out, like I had run a marathon.  

No pain, except looking  back I did have back pain which I just thougt was that, back pain.  

I was diagnosed with chrons and my symptoms started to flare up.  In January 2007 I was having pains, losing weight, no appetite.  After taking antibiotics quite a few times my dr (gi) started me on Remicade.  I was starting to feel like a different person.  Then in March I developed a bladder infection, took meds, didn't clear up.  Went to a specialist who look inside and found what he thought was a fistula (this happens with chrons).  
So it was decided that I would have to have it fixed along with a bowel resection.   He did lapo but the surgery was much more than he thought it would be and I had to have 2 units of blood afterward and was in the hopsital for 7 day.  They also found cancer in the infected bowel, but it was caught early and I only see the oncologist every 4 months, no treatment.   I am feeling great at least for now.  So do see a gi dr.