Can Crohns be missed?
My son is 10 years old and had hs appendix out in December and has not been the same since. He has lost alot of weight, he wont eat because he is in severe abdominal pain. We have been in and out of the doctors and he spent five days in a hospital for this because he wont eat and is very weak. He has had ultrasounds, he had a CT scan, he had a colonoscomy and and endoscomy and biopsies he even had an MRA test done all with normal results. They keep telling us he has instestional spasams and and stomach spasams and they have put him on medications for this. the pain is not getting any better and he is hardley eatting and when he does he is in alot of pain. Can anyboy help me or give me some advice if they have been through a similar situation. Thank You so much
Darn it. I can't tell if my comment posted because apparently I wasn't actually logged on.

I'm sorry for what you're going through with your son. My mom struggled through for years, blaming herself, and making herself sick because of the condition that I was in.

Check for celiacs disease and a gluten intolerance. Often these two things can cause similar symptoms to crohn's or colitis.

Is there crohn's, colitis, or IBS in your family? It's not always hereditary, but it would be a good spot to start.

Crohn's and colitis has similar symptoms. Diarrhea, mucus in the stool, fatigue and possibly bloody stool.
Remind your son that if this is the way he feels, he's going to feel that way regardless of how much he eats. I was a big kid, but I lost 140Lbs when I was 13 (I was about 280) because I convinced myself if I didn't eat I didn't need the washroom.
Good luck and I hope you guys find what's causing the problems.