Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Can anyone with young children help smurfaliscious?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can anyone with young children help smurfaliscious?

Hi all - you may have been reading the thread between smurfaliscious and myself over the past few days. I have no children unfortunately, and have little or no experience of childhood illnesses. I am aware though, that children in England are being diagnosed with inflammatory bowel diseases and the current Chairman of our local group of Crohn's & Colitis Association, has a daughter who was diagnosed at age 6. Her daughter is now 21 yrs old and although rather small for her age, due to steroids in childhood that delayed her development, is doing well and working as a Nanny to a celebrity t.v. couple in London. She was fortunate in having a very proactive mother who would not let doctors dismiss her instincts and got her quick and appropriate treatment.

Has anyone got children with IBD that can help Kat?  I am sure she will be very grateful for any advice/experience.

Liz.