Colitis - coconut oil and menstrual cycle.
I was wondering if any other woman seem to have problems with their colitis every time they get their period. I know it's a personal topic, but it would be nice to know that I'm not alone or if anyone else has found any relief somewhere along the way. I was on seasonale for about a year or so and I was always in a flare. I had the birth control injection because while I was in the trial I was so sick that I wasn't absorbing medication. (Lost 27lbs). Now whenever I "spot" are start to, my colitis freaks out and makes me bed ridden. I've been in bed for about 4 days now.

Also, I googled coconut oil and how it could effect my colitis. Does it or could it cause a flare? I read that some people use it actually to remedy the symptoms. We use it instead of other oils for pretty much everything.
______________________________________________________________________
Asacol - ineffective
Imuran - continued
Remicade - ineffective
Prednisone - ineffective
Cipro - Pulls me out of flares
but only used when extremely needed.
Humira - ineffective
Multistem Cell - INEFFECTIVE
T4 - helps with nightly pain
Curcumin - continued (best darn thing ever)
Wobenzym - continued
.
Hi there!

Symptoms due to inflammation anywhere in the GI/ GU tract could aggravate during or just before menstruation under the effect of hormones. Similar effects could also be seen under the effect of hormonal medications/ birth control medications. If the aggravation is severe, the medications if taken would need to be stopped unless absolutely necessary and a visit to your treating gastroenterologist would be recommended for a detailed evaluation and management of the symptoms.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!