Aa
A
A
Close
1974283 tn?1425612724
Colitis - coconut oil and menstrual cycle.
I was wondering if any other woman seem to have problems with their colitis every time they get their period. I know it's a personal topic, but it would be nice to know that I'm not alone or if anyone else has found any relief somewhere along the way. I was on seasonale for about a year or so and I was always in a flare. I had the birth control injection because while I was in the trial I was so sick that I wasn't absorbing medication. (Lost 27lbs). Now whenever I "spot" are start to, my colitis freaks out and makes me bed ridden. I've been in bed for about 4 days now.

Also, I googled coconut oil and how it could effect my colitis. Does it or could it cause a flare? I read that some people use it actually to remedy the symptoms. We use it instead of other oils for pretty much everything.
Prednisone - ineffective
Cipro - Pulls me out of flares
but only used when extremely needed.
Humira - ineffective
Multistem Cell - INEFFECTIVE
T4 - helps with nightly pain
Curcumin - continued (best darn thing ever)
Wobenzym - continued
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Symptoms due to inflammation anywhere in the GI/ GU tract could aggravate during or just before menstruation under the effect of hormones. Similar effects could also be seen under the effect of hormonal medications/ birth control medications. If the aggravation is severe, the medications if taken would need to be stopped unless absolutely necessary and a visit to your treating gastroenterologist would be recommended for a detailed evaluation and management of the symptoms.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources
Top Digestive Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank