Colitis related to cyclic vomiting syndrome
I was diagnosed with colitis after about 3 years of having this crazy vomiting disease called cyclic vomiting syndrome.. They put me on meds and said the cvs was a long term symptom of the untreated colitis. I never noticed anything weird about my bowl movements until I started taking opiates to control the cvs. Well now I am still having the cvs.. Any idea what or how this is happening to me? I can't seem to find any answers anywhere or much info on the disease.
Hi there!

The precise cause of CVS is not known though it could be linked to UGI infections/ inflammations, hormonal/ endocrine causes, psychological issues, metabolic issues etc. Relation to LGI infections/ inflammations is not well established and management is symptomatic with correction of a primary cause, if identifiable; while management of colitis would depend on its type and the cause. I would suggest consulting a gastroenterologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Thanks! Just got out of the hospital 2 days ago. Going to get on finding a specialist for low income today. I have been so sick I've not been able to work for a month now. Not having insurance is a killer.