Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Constipated, Bloated, Miserable
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Constipated, Bloated, Miserable

I'm seventeen years old and I was diagnosed with Crohn's August 2011, I'm on Pentasa for my Crohn's. I am also on Zoloft, Prilosec, Strattera, Vitamin D, and Blood Nutrients.
I have been constipated for a almost a week and a half, I was able to pass a small BM yesterday, but not enough to provide me with relief. I had taken Miralax five days ago, but it has not helped me at all. Whenever I eat I feel so much discomfort, I get gassy, and I feel like I'm filled into my throat and I just am miserable. This has been keeping me up at night and distracting me in school. I need answers, should I just call my GI?
I am terrified of needing to do the Barium prep or any kind of prep...

Help?