Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Crohn's = muscle spasms?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Crohn's = muscle spasms?

Since my diagnosis of Crohn's I have noticed several symptoms that I often wonder if they are related to this disease, because through my research I have not found anything about them.

I am aware of all the typical and not so typical symptoms. But I have been having muscle spasms mostly in my abdominal area, but not limited to that area (ei, some times in my legs, or arms, but mostly in my 'trunk'-front and back). They don't really hurt, just those funny rapid quick movements under your skin that you can see...

I am going back to my GI next week, so I plan on asking him then. Currently I am not on any meds, and I am waiting for approval from the GI to start Remicade. So, it can't be the side effect from meds.

They are not painful, but they are very frequent (sometimes 10-12 a day, lasting a few seconds) so I wonder if it means anything ??

Does anyone else have this or other symptoms not typical and found them to relate back to the Crohn's?
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
776872_tn?1247942280
i get that but mines because of the meds....i'm not sure why you have them. may just be coincindence
Blank
I have muscle spasms with Crohns so that is normal.
Blank
Glad I came across this because I was curious about the same thing! I was diagnosed with crohn's this summer and found a similar correlation between flares and muscle spasms.... it seems to be normal. I think that crohns causes vitamin/mineral deficiencies which in turn leads to the muscle spasms. I'd experiment with supplements or eat foods to get enough magnesium/potassium/calcium and see if the spasms get better. I've found when I eat pumpkin seeds and bananas the spasms get a little better. crohn's is a blessing in disguise! We're going to know our bodies so well at the end of this life journey :)
Blank
4048462_tn?1349326444
Absolutely caused by the Crohn's - ask your DR about medicines to calm the cramping - it's not doing you any good, lol - Chamomile helps calm the cramping, as do hot baths & soaking.  Chron's is like having a group of misbehaved kids - each one misbehaving in a different way, and to calm the riot - each individual must be disciplined.  
Blank
FIrsy of all Temicadr did  not work for me. Hetr is the secret your dd
octors won't tell you.lorcet 10/650,xanax, Azulfadine for the gas/swelling. The diseaes is either mental or viral.No doctor really knows the cause of this horrible disease
Blank
You must not have chrohns it is not a blessing in disguis. Tje pain is exvrutiating and doctors that treat it don't evenbrgin to understand the pain,discomfort these diseaes cause.
Blank
Over time opiods cure Chrons and Colitis.Unfortunatley 90% of your doctors are afrsid of DEA and will not help you because you make many trips too him.
Blank
In third worid countries the doctors treat Chrons with opiads
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703