Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Crohn's Disease

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Crohn's Disease

I was told I may have Crohn's Disease due to my symptoms and am waiting to hear back from a specialist as to when I can have a scope done. I also have suffered with Bulimia and know of a few cases where the eating disorder has in fact caused the disease due to the unhealthy ways of eating and then regurgitating the food back up. Doctors where I live put me on all these antibiotics before even finding an answer, I still have yet to receive a final one, but due to all the antibiotics I was given I was told that it had killed off any of the good bacteria that I did have, now I am faced with this issue. I know there is something wrong with my bowel, and I know deep down it may be Crohn's Disease due to my symptoms and history of unhealthy eating. I was told if it is in fact Crohn's Disease I'll have to change my whole diet, no sugar, no gluten, and so forth. Is this true? I am a very very picky eater, which ***** for me, but if there is a list somewhere of foods I could eat and maintain in this new diet I may have to go on, I was wondering where I could find one so I could look up the different foods and see what may be on there that I would like. I was planning on changing my diet anyway and eat healthier, exercise more, rather then ruin my insides by continuing with my eating disorder. My biggest issue is being so darn picky when it comes to eating.
Well, I was recently diagnosed with.crohn's, and all of.my drs have assured me that I.can eat what I want.  During a "flare up" however, is different, and have been told to avoid, raw fruits,veggies, nuts, seeds, corn, popcorn, anything really jihh in fiber, as it is rough on ir intesrines.  I asked about gluten, they did recommend staying away from sweete chocolate in particular, sodas, carbonation, but they also.said all bodies are dufferent, u have to experiment, and keep a food diary.  I was told, soft cooked fruits or soft fiber stuff like avocados or really ripe bananas....  I have a phone number of a nitrition hotline for crohns, I will post it when I get back into the country as im in prague at the moment.
Okay thank you so much for the help. Could you also tell me what your symptoms were by any chance? Just so I can compare. I know it has got to do with the bowel seeing as though I have had problems with mine ever since I was younger, and Crohn's would explain a lot.
Ya sorry, I have lost weight, from about 155, down to. 120 and I can't seem to put on weight.  I have abdominal pains lower right across to the lower left portion.  I get the urge to go immediately then feel constipation and if I can have a movement it might be diarrhea, and it can be painful and taxing on my energy levels.  Loss of energy overall.  Loss of appetite at times, sometimes after I sit down and begin to eat I get loss of appetite.  I avoid eating fruits veggies, corn, nuts, seeds, popcorn while dealing with this flare up.  I notice when I do eat fruit, which is really the hardest to stop eating, depending on what it is, it might cause stomach cramps.i have issues sleeping, with frequent use of the bathroom throughout the night to urinate. I hate this disease, I hate eating now, I used to love food. I am pretty depressed to say the least, hope this info helps u somewhat.