Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Crohns... No diarreha?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Crohns... No diarreha?

My doctor is really sure thinking its crohns. But people with crohns have diarreha, i have never had a bout of diarreha it's always been constipation and bowel blockages. I'm now contemplating on weather to waste the money on the tests and just not do them. Why does she think its crohns??!!:) thanks
Unless you are seeing a doctor from a University, sometimes you will find that being misdiagnoised is common with Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis.  Crohn's disease vary in symptoms and one of the symptoms can be constipation versus diarreha.  The real difference is that Crohn's disease manifests in concentrated parts of the digestive tract and can develop in the GI tract from your mouth to your anus. UC is limited to your large intestines.

Don't hesitate to research on a good GI doctor because if you do have one of these diseases than you will want the most progressive treatment available and it's hard to find.
Debra
Thanks I will definently look into other specialist for a second opinion.
I have  and I rarely e most of the time I a most of the time I am constipated. constipation is another symptom of Crohn's it can be very different. Not all symptoms are the same it took them almost 3 years to diagnose me
Thanks, good to know I'm not alone!!:)