Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Crohns and Aloe vera??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Crohns and Aloe vera??

I was diagnosed with Crohns 5 years ago. After high dosage of prednisone and infusions it went away. I thoguht I was home free but 5 years later its back with avengence. Nothing is working. This time its really bad and I feel scared. Doc tells me our next step is remicade, humira etc. After researching I dont feel comfortable with trying any of those. It seems that it may help with the crohns but start a whole new diesease to tackle. My husbands co-worker suggested that I should try aloe vera juice. So I picked up some two days ago. Have been drinking 6 ounces daily since. I feel something is happening....stomach feels quiet. Although I still have the runs but not as much. I hope this is the start of a miracle!! If this helps.....Im planting aloe vera all over my yard!!!!! Since I have been there and know what it is like to go through life with crohns and other realted issues, I would like to give a cyber hug to all who are going through this. Breath through the pain and stay positive. Keep researching and dont be shy to vent. Sometimes help comes from the least expected source! Love You All!!!

My brother-in-law has Crohn's and a gluten free diet made him 90% better.  Unlike you, he suffers from it all the time.  Maybe something for you to try.  
My name is bridget
I am 25 years old and have Ulcerative colitus of course Crohn's is its cousin  they are so alike. Let me tell you you are in the right step of healing process ALOE VERA?  I have herd good things about it. it helps ease pain bloating, bleeding inflammation in the rectum. Its a natural medicine sent frm god. I truly beleive in natural remedies cause Im sick of medicine like asacol, Colazol, predisone they just worsen your symptoms.

I have been off them for 1 years now and use natural herb remedies like aloe vera frm forever living also fenugreek and organic probiotics. Fenugreek is a natural herb plant  frm india that helps with gastrointestinal disorders I drink that everyday before foods early morenings. I discovered it through a Chinese doctor that studied natural medicine and herbs frm china for many years.  Let me say that I feel great they are miracle workers..

The best of luck to you

The start of a miracle will end up a miracle!  
Thank you for the reply. I'm willing to try anything which is not toxic to my health. I have heard about gluten free diet. Maybe I will go ahead and try it along with aloe vera juice. Thanks :)
Thank you for the reply. I'm so happy for you! I cant wait to feel better again soon! Aloe vera has made me 60% better in one week. It has cut down my bathroom visits to half. The pain has calmed down a little. After this Im headed out to find me some gluten free eats and fenugreek.  I appreciate your help and support :) Thanks!
Went shopping over the weekend and found this herbal tea. Its called Mothers milk. Its made with fenugreek seeds! Although I felt wierd buying something which is for healthy lactation(since Im not nursing), I want to get the other benefits from fenugreek seeds. Straight up fenugreek tea was too bitter but this one is little mild and Im able to consume it better. Im still continuing the aloe vera regimen. It has helped a great deal and I hope this tea will help finish the job. Staying hopeful :)
Hi guys
I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis last year and im having a terrible time of it at the moment.  Steroids worked but doctors have taken me off them as they say i am too young to go on them full time.  I am 32.   I have heard lots of good things about aloe vera.  Should i buy an aloe vera drink or capsules?

Many thanks
Charlotte
hey-

I was diagnosed with UC 2 years ago, and I have been on steroids almost just as long.  I am younger than you are, now 25, but started them when I was 23.  If the steriods work I would stay on them until you get your UC under control.  

At one point I used aloe vera, and it just made things worse.  I told me dr I was taking it and she said that it causes you to go to the bathroom, that is how it "cleanses" your body.  So i stopped it.  

There are other medications out there for UC, have you tried 6MP or Imuran, they are pills?  Personally, it had side effects, but everyone else I have talked to, or read about, especially on this site, has had amazing results with it.  If you are not on steriods right now, it would be a good time to try it so you would not have to be taken off of them again.  Other medications that I have heard that have worked well for other people are Humiera and Remicade.  The last to are a self injection, and an infusion, respectively.  
Hey Cheekecharlie! I have been taking aloe vera juice. I have heard about the capsules but havent tried them. I was thinking to get some but the juice has completely turned my life around in a month! Im all better and feel great at this point.  If you are taking any mesalmine (Lialda etc) tablets....I would suggest you keep taking them too. I drink the juice first thing in the morning and with dinner and one small dose right before bed. About 3 ounces at AM and 3 ounces with dinner and 2 ounces before bed.

Good luck!
I been dx with crohns disease but I won't take any medication because I feel great drinking aloe vera every morning just blend with honey and lemon you will see is a miracle...
I've been taking AMP (Aloe Muciaginous Polysaccarides) for ten months.
I have had incredible success in gaining remission from crohn's.
I now lead a normal life free of the hell crohn's put me through.
Great not to have the awful side affects of steroids,methotrexate,6mp.
AMP is the healing molecules which is extracted from Aloe(my understanding).
I came across it on you tube when i viewed a testimonial by a girl in the US (Jennifer)
& a guy in the UK (keith).
It wasn't cheap when i started but i now take 3 capsules p/d its reasonable.