Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Crohn's and Back Pain

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Crohn's and Back Pain

5615775?1272315898
I have been living with Crohn's since 2004, I had the resection done in 2007. I had always had a little discomfort in my left shoulder blade but in May of 08, my back got to the point where I had to go to the chiropractor because my vision was blurred and I was dizzy and in pain. It progressively got worse. They said I had a mild left side prominent scoliosis, but no worries, and mild c5 disk disease. My entire back hurts now and I am on medical leave. All the MRI's and CT's show nothing and I have done PT, chiro, and decompression. My last conclusion is that could Crohn's have caused a deterioration of my muscles or bones and if so what help should I seek. I am bound to my house most of the day.
Thank you
Hi I have also been diagnosed withCrohns andcOlitis and was diagnosed in April of 2008. However I have been suffering from this since 1998 where I was first told that I have IBS.

I now have Scoliosis and was told just a few months ago in 2010. I am suffering from a crazy back pain and am living off of pain killers. I can't sit for too long and when I stand its the samething.

I haven't been told anything about any surgery yet but will be consulting my doctor regarding this. I have been reading up on other forums and it seems like Crohns may indeed have something to do with having Scoliosis.

My muscles ache at times and I find that arithritis pain comes and goes and at times  my hands and fingers get stiff and numb.

I wish you luck and hope you feel better.
Aneela
Please see a rheumatologist because you may have Ankylosing Spondylitis,  an autoimmune disease that is often associated with Crohn's. AS is an arthritis-like condition of the spine and can be debilitatingly painful and may result in spinal malformation. The good news is that it is treated with meds that help Crohn's too. Good luck!