Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Crohn's and Gall Bladder Problems Both?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Crohn's and Gall Bladder Problems Both?

I have had Crohn's for many years and have been on all the drugs available (Hunira, Remicade, Steroids, Asacol, etc..) In order to avoid surgery I am soon going to participate in an experimental drug with the risk I could be receiving a placebo. The symptoms have gotten worse. I have 10-12- bowel movements per day/night, many of which are small amounts of oily liquid and alot of gas. My colon never really feels empty and the movements are urgent, so I live near a bathroom. I am wondering if anyone out there has advanced Crohn's like mine? I am also wondering if I might have a Gall Bladder problem at the same time?
I had advance chrons.  When it started raging I would have chills, spiked fever and then washed out for the day.   In November I was sitting in a chair when I had a horrible pain that made me fall out of the chair.  We rushed to the hospital and that was really a joke, after 3 hours in the waiting room my pain had subsided and the dr told me to visit my gi dr.  
That was the start of horrible pains, weight loss etc.  I started remicade in Feb. and was feeling much better.  Then in March I had a urinary tract infection, it wouldn't clear up and after many tests found that I had a fistula.
As much as I did not want surgery I was told that I had to have it.  I searched out the best bariatric surgeon that I could find and he told me he would try lapo surgery but couldn't guarantee it.  I ask if he would at least try and he said yes, and if anyone can do it I can.
He did the surgery lapo, butnd because it was so extensive I was in the hospital a week.
But after that I was much better and able to go back to work 2 weeks after my surgery.
I was lucky that I had the surgery because they found a small cancer in the middle of the infected intestine.  But they caught it early and I have not had to have other treatment for the cancer, just visit the oncologist every 3 months, after a year it is now every 4 months.  Just to check things out.
Since my surgery I have felt great.  My last scope showed only mild chrons.
Because I had about 3 feet of my small intestine removed I still have liquid bowels often but then some days not.  I still have 4-5 bowel movements on most days.
If you end up having to have surgery, check out the best bariatric surgeon who has done loads of lapo surgery.
Good Luck.....
Ulcerative Colitis questions?
100,000+ doctor answers