Crohn's and pain meds
Hello, I'm 33 recently diagnosed with crohn's, they wanted to resection 2 ft of my small intestine, however we opted to try meds first.  My question refers to pain and the need for pain meds, I myself find that they help me throuout the day specially when it comes to helping my appetite ,  I don't like taking them but it seems to be at the moment the only thing that's helping me through the days.  Just wondering if anyone else has had any experiences similar
good on you for not  going with the operation, my step brother had his taken and it made no difference dr vagif seems to have a good success rate with chrones, my daughter also has it and im gonna give him a go, you can make an appointment on skype wich is super kool number 0396827600 hes in melbourne, australia, good luck, as for pain, best to try to take as little pain killers as possible, get onto a strick diet, good probiotics in morn then red paw paw to start your day, lots of healthy chrones snacks every three hours broths slow cooked lamb, like 4 hrs, in water granny food basicly, organic porage made with water, pears, ect  x jade
wow if thats the case i dunno how long itll be before this disease takes control of me cuz i dont think i can keep a strict diet of the above described
Hi there!

Yes, pain may be significant due to the associated inflammation and may required pain medication in addition to medications that reduce inflammation. Management is largely dependent on the severity of the disease and is best discussed with your treating gastroenterologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I have tried all the pill medicine and I'm also on remicade. The best thing I ever did was get the surgery. I am back to normal. The Remicade does wonders too... My Gi doc does really believe in pain meds