Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Crohn's meds and alcohol?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Crohn's meds and alcohol?

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with Crohn's and have since been on several meds. Right now I am on Budesonide, Azathioprine, and iron for the anemia. I was just wondering, since Budesonide is a steroid, if I could drink alcohol? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, however I believe I will be weening off it soon, so how long does it take for my body to be clear of the steroid (and safe to drink) after my final dosage of the pills?
Crohn's disease is often complicated by infection with Candida albicans. If you have candidiasis the budesonide will make it much worse since candida feeds on steroids (and antibiotics). You might want to have yourself checked for this pathogen.

My grandson has Crohn's and has eliminated all corticosteroids and replaced them with natural anti-inflmmatories and probiotics. He is now in remission and appears to be cured, but this is difficult to sure of with Crohn's. However, the doctors who are treating him are very impressed with his recovery (his case was very serious) and want to study his regimen.