Aa
A
A
Close
Crohn's meds and alcohol?
Hi, I was recently diagnosed with Crohn's and have since been on several meds. Right now I am on Budesonide, Azathioprine, and iron for the anemia. I was just wondering, since Budesonide is a steroid, if I could drink alcohol? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, however I believe I will be weening off it soon, so how long does it take for my body to be clear of the steroid (and safe to drink) after my final dosage of the pills?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
757137 tn?1347200053
Crohn's disease is often complicated by infection with Candida albicans. If you have candidiasis the budesonide will make it much worse since candida feeds on steroids (and antibiotics). You might want to have yourself checked for this pathogen.

My grandson has Crohn's and has eliminated all corticosteroids and replaced them with natural anti-inflmmatories and probiotics. He is now in remission and appears to be cured, but this is difficult to sure of with Crohn's. However, the doctors who are treating him are very impressed with his recovery (his case was very serious) and want to study his regimen.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources