Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Crohn's...how to stop diarrhea?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Crohn's...how to stop diarrhea?

I've just been diagnosed w/crohn's and have been taking Endocort for 5 weeks.  Felt good first 3 weeks. Within the last 2 weeks I had horrific lower right side pain w/burning in my lower back hip area. Pain felt like appendicitis? My stool was also changing in color and shape.  That burning pain moved to my lower back and two days later muddy diarrhea. That re leaves the burn. It seems the only thing controlling it now is over the counter meds?  Once that wears off...mud?

What do I do now?  Very frustrated?? How do I stop the mud.  Can't go anywhere?
Avatar n tn
Chrons is not something for over the cournter meds.  For diarehea that is ok, but see a GI doctor.  The burning is from the infection in the bowel.  You need antibiotics now.
Jayne