Cryptosporidium continued symptpoms
Hi I recently came back from Africa to England. After four days at home I began with watery diarrhoea that was so violent (every 6 mins or so for 5 hours) I was hospitalised put on a drip and remained there for a several days getting tested for malaria. Along side the diarrhoea I suffered fevers, nausea stomach cramps headache etc and couldn't sleep through the nights because I had to keep going to the toilet.

I was diagnosed a week later with cryptosporidia. A single celled parasite (waterborne). My watery stool samples are regularly checked and the last two have come back negative. I am however still suffering very badly from watery diarrhoea, headaches, I vomit after food sometimes. I have massive bouts of gas in my stomach after I drink or eat and have had so many "diarrhoea accidents" resulting from a sneeze or a cough or not getting to the bathroom in time as it is sudden. It has been 5.5 weeks since this started and my doctor is now testing me for malaria again. Can you help? I know the parasite may have caused damage of my epithelial walls in my bowel but can that prolong these symptoms? Is there anything I can take so I can at least venture out of the house or maybe go back to work? How long is this going to last?

I am 29, very active and healthy before this, an avid gym goer and a healthy eater. I want my life back as now i can't even leave the house without needing to go to the toilet. I am drinking as much water as i possibly can to replace the fluids and I take diorilyte to prevent fainting.

Many many thanks if you can help me, and a big thank you for you time.

Newtok