Diarrhea for over 5 months, any advice?
My mom has recently (January) started to have issues with uncontrolled diarrhea. She is 57, has always been in good health.  Over the past few months she has been to the doctors numerous times to have colonoscopies, xrays, blood work, stool samples tested, etc.  They just cant seem to help her.  I think she is at her wits end with this whole situation - she is losing weight drastically, she trys to stay hydrated but everytime she eats or drinks anything she is in the bathroom immediately.  She is losing blood too when she goes, and also has abdominal pain.
The last diagnosis she received was that she has pockets in her intestine and they gave her some medication to take with each meal.  However its still not helping...  She is desperately trying to keep it together and I just feel helpless that there is nothing I can do to help.  Do you have any other suggestions for what could be wrong with her?