Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Do Not Start With Pain Medication First!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

GO TO A CHIROPRACTOR! DO NOT START WITH PAIN MEDS!! I have had Ulcerative Colitis since I was 18, 12 years now, and have been through every med available.  Two weeks ago I had the most severe back pain ever and did not want to go to my regular doctor for pain medication.  There had to be something better than being on pain medication.  I was told by several friends to see a chiroprator.  THIS WAS THE BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!  I have been seeing a chiropractor for the last 3 weeks for my lower back pain, but I have noticed tremendous relief with my ulcerative colitis which was unexpected.  I had always had discomfort in my lower back especially on my right side, like a pinched nerve feeling which made it very difficult to sleep on that side or even sit.  The pain I felt prior to going to the chiropractor was that same pinched nerve feeling put right in the middle of my lower back which effected both sides of my body.  After the x-rays my chiropractor took, I was shocked!  There was a twist in my lower back that veered to the right (where all the pain of my colitis is located!)  I have been pain free since my adjustments and am on a 10 week fix plan.  Everything in our body is linked to our spine, that is where all our nerves control other parts of our body.  I never would have put two and two together, but it has brought tremendous relief to me that I could never have imagined!  Remember: You have nothing to lose by going to the chiropractor first.  Surgeries and Pain meds will stay with you for a lifetime!  Those should be your VERY LAST options!