Does Lialda cause hair loss
My 16y/o daughter has UC.  Has been on Lialda 2.4 g/day for 6 months.  She was on prednisone for the first 4 months of the same time period. Has had significant hair loss for the last 5 months.  Cortisol AM is normal. My duaghter also has ITP and is considered chronic, it usually manifests during a UC flare up.  Is the Lialda a possible culprit.
I believe it's possible. I have been on Lialda for almost a year and recently noticed hair loss. Since I am also bruising very easily, it could be more related to an underlying anemia, not necessarily the Lialda itself.
I was on it for a while, but it causes HORRIBLE gas, so was taken off.  My doctor said it could cause some hair loss, but not like Pentasa, that I have been on for years. I feel like a shedding dog.  I guess you just learn to live with it.  As long as I feel better, I will live with the hair loss, and after 5+ years, I haven't notices thinning...YET!  Good luck.