Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Forgotten Medication
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Forgotten Medication

I was diagnosed with UC about 3 months ago, and had taken my medication religiously until I recently went on holiday for a week and left it at home. I'm now experiencing what I believe is my first flare-up since diagnosis. I have the same kind of pain as I did before although not quite as severe and yesterday when I got back I took my medication for the first time and when I woke up this morning, I had a fever & the tiniest amount of hair on my chin. I've also noticed that since leaving the hospital I have tiny amounts of hair on my cheeks, barely noticeable but still there. Should I see my doctor or should this go away after I get back into the routine of taking my medication. I also stopped getting my period for almost 3 months. Its back now, but my sister thinks it was just because my body had other things to concentrate on. Is this the case? My weight also fluctuates like crazy. I gain and lose weight very quickly, the hair on my head (which has always been VERY full, In the last week I've noticed strange amounts of hair coming out in my hair brush) has started to fall out and I've been extraordinarily tired, often sleeping 12 hours a night. Is this normal for someone who's only recently been diagnosed and if so, will it go away?

Thanks
Cam