Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Gastroscopy to detect colitis?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gastroscopy to detect colitis?

Hi,

I would like to know if colitis can be diagnosed after a gastroscopy and small bowel study. I am asking because I saw a gastroenterologist a year ago, had a gastroscopy, small bowel study and blood test but was told that nothing is wrong despite having constant pain in my lower abdomen and increased pain and bloating as soon as I eat anything.

(Side note: I am also wondering if I could have colitis because I was on accutane during 2 different periods in my life and know that some people have developed colitis after taking this medication.)

Thanks,

Ally