HELP *my hair is falling out*
I have Crohn's and started Remicade and have been on Prednisone for years.  I am finally able to get off of it with help from the Remicade.  I however, AM GOING TO GO BALD!  I'm not sure if it's stress, symptoms of the disease or side effects from the med... I need to stop loosing my hair and find a med to help me grow some back.  ANY SOLUTIONS ANYONE??
I have UC and have been on remicade and prednisone.  After being on prednisone for a few months, my hair started falling out and thinning.  I had really this hair that I always hated, and now its so thin its gross, to me, at least.  Most people cant even tell because they don't know what I looked like before.

I have been told by multiple drs that after I am off the prednisone, the effects should reverse itself.   Unfortunately, I do not know any other way to get your hair to grow back.  But, if you are like me, then you will not go bald.  As far as the Remicade, I do not know if it has similar side effects.

I hope that helps, or give you hope to get your hair back.  It was devistating to me too.

Take Biosil to help with your hair. It is also good for skin and nails. Yes, prednisone will affect your hair and, if your adrenals have been affected, that will affect your hair too.