Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
HUMIRA AND CHRONS DISEASE
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HUMIRA AND CHRONS DISEASE

I am having a hard time getting information.  I have Chron's disease and had sugery August 2nd 2011 for small intestine obstruction.  10 days post surgery I was back in surgery with a massive inflammation blockage.  This is first time something like that has happened to me since I had 3 prior surgeries.  The only difference is that I am taking Humira for past 5 months and was told not to take the injection before surgery.  Now I cannot get straight answers from Dr's on how this inflammation formed so quickly after surgery.  On doctor suspects that because I have not taken Humira injection for about a month that it might have played a role in this mystery,  Has anyone had anything similar to this or have insight on success and failures from Humira and Remicade,  I really appreciate any and all responses and insight
Related Discussions
  • Humira for U.C.? (2 replies):
    Is anyone taking Humira for their ulcerative colitis?
  • Humira (73 replies):
    Has anyone been on Humira and what kind of result did yo...[more]
  • pain? humira? (3 replies):
    hey out there! i have had crohns for 10 years now. i jus...[more]
  • Humira (1 replies):
    Anyone take Humira for Chrohns and develop High blood pr...[more]
  • Humira (8 replies):
    Has anyone used or is using Humira to treat Crohn's dise...[more]
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Humaira I also suffer with IBS chron's and some Dr advice me exercise and I use mostly these guide helpful http://causeofibsandcd.com/causeofibsandcd.pdf for Chron's patients.
Blank
Unfortunately my Crohn's disease has been flaring for the last several months. A sigmoidoscopy confirmed it several weeks ago. It appears to be localized to my rectum so I have been having proctitis with lots of urgency and mucous.

My gastroenterologist prescribed Entocort and Rowasa enemas to be used on alternate evenings before bed. I have been doing this for almost 3 weeks and am seeing little improvement. Does anyone have experience with these and how long should I wait to start seeing some improvement?
I used the direction of http://causeofibsandcd.com/causeofibsandcd.pdf and its a very helpful guide for Crohn's patients.
Blank
Ulcerative Colitis questions?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979