Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Happening to me too?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Happening to me too?

There is a family history of bowel disorders on my Moms side. She has Crohn's, my grandma had ulcerative colitis, and my great grandmother had diverticulitus (sp)  I am a 31 year old female and my Mom had her first Crohn's flare up right around the time she was my age. I don't get diarrhea but when I do have to have a BM the urge to do so often comes on quickly and with abdominal cramps. I hardly seem to feel hungry because I always have the feeling of bloating and pressure in my intestines. When I do get hungry I feel full after eating only five or six bites of food and if I make myself eat more I feel like I over ate. I've lost weight. I feel tired all the time and get muscle aches. I've considered that fact that I could have Crohn's without the diarrhea. I see my Dr. tomorrow for a physical and I'll be telling him about it. He might just say it's IBS but the constant fatigue and muscle aches make me think otherwise.
sorry to hear your going through such symptoms, but, after recently being diagnosed with crohns and going through a flare up for most of the year i can say at least for myself, that when i read your post, i immediately feel like those things refer to me in my symptoms i have.  crohns shows itself in many ways in many different people. just cuz your not having diarhea (diarrhea) doesnt mean it isnt crohns.  i feel the way you do quite often, specially with the bloating, and feeling full after five or six bites so on and so forth... i have feelings of being like full or bloated, but at the same time i have hunger feelings, and want to eat, and know that i am not full but am fearful to eat due to the fact that i am already bloated and if i do eat i could quite possibly make the painful bloating worse than it already is... i have lost roughly 40lbs, im 33yr old male and im 5ft6in tall.... i cant put on any weight, i dont want to say i cant lose anymore but i cant really stand to lose anymore as i will waste away to nothing.  you should def request an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy as well as an mre of the digestive tract.  at least i think those would be the best avenues to determine what is wrong.  good luck and keep posting.
I know exactly what you mean about feeling bloated and full yet hungry at the same time. That happens to me too. I just had dinner, a few bites of mashed potatoes and few bites of a pork chop. Now I feel bloated, gassy, and have feelings of pressure like I have to go to the bathroom. I used to love food and have a good appetite but now I don't actually enjoy the act of eating. I only eat because it's a life requirement lol
I know exactly.where ur at, I lime u, used to love food, look forward to food, loved cooking.... I love all kimds of foods and food.groups, such as fruits, veggies, and now.since I have had this.flare up I jave been told to avoid raw fruits, and.veggies, nuts, seeds, corn, popcorn.... Anything hi in fiber, whole.grain bread, bit common sense is to be used as well I was told, to try experimenting to see how certain foods effect me, but that is not.the most easy thing to want to do when it could end up putting me in bed.  Makes it hard for.work, cuz food is provided and that was never a.problem, specially cuz it.was all catered but now theres a ton of stuff I avoid eating just cuz I dont want to ruin my stomach at work.