Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Having some strange bowel issues and mental fog- candidas, bacteria, vi...
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Having some strange bowel issues and mental fog- candidas, bacteria, virus?

Hi everyone,

20 year old, fit male who up until a month and a half ago was generally healthy.
I had a typical cold (head-ache, cough, phlegm) which I was just beginning to recover from, but then had 3 nights in a different city with very heavy drinking and partying.

A day or two after this weekend I had a bout of diarrhea for 24 hours, and for the next week and a half was producing green stool, thin stool and broken stool. Along with this grumbling stomach I was very fatigued and 'brain-fogged'. After this week and a half I appeared to return to normal, however still a little bit foggy for 2 weeks.

A week and a half ago, 2 nights after some casual drinking, I had another bout of diarrhea for 24 hours and have now followed the same pattern for a 11 days of strange bowel movements and general fatigue and disconnectedness mentally.

I believe the mental disconnection is due to the bowel issues... could this be possible?

Has anyone experienced something similar? Is it possible I have a viral infection that has just come back twice? What could possibly last for 12 or so days at a time? Parasite?

Stool sample came back clear.

Thanks
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, GI motility issues, micronutrient deficiencies etc. The generalized fatigue could be linked to GI symptoms. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a gastroenterologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979