Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Help anyone please!
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help anyone please!

So...I just got off the 10mg of prednisone, however I'm still bleeding vaginal very dark blood....the prednisone has actually made me so constipated that my doc recommended that I take a laxative pill called ducelax a believe...it did work, and I had dhierria for hours..I threw up twice and today I feel better but just veeerrrryyy weak and a little shakey (shaky).  Is this normal w Crohns?  Or the prednisone or can anyone shed any light on what's goin on.  I'm still new to this disease and I just don't know where to turn and if anyone else is going threw this.  I just want to feel normal for one day.  I'm twenty one years old and scared to death of living my life.  Here's the pills I take daily : metropalol, pentasa 16 times a day, ocellated, Prilosec, Xanax..if that helps w anything...I do also take a nausea pill called zofran and this is my second day off the prednisone.  I sound like I'm all over the place but I'm just lost on where to start.  I'm afraid of dying from this and afraid I need counseling for this disease bc it scares me...any help anyone?
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

The constipation could occur both as a part of Crohn’s or as a side effect of prednisone and would need to be managed symptomatically with laxatives; since the benefits of taking the medication exceed the risks in the case. Hopefully the flare should settle soon. The disease course varies slightly between individuals and it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. I would suggest discussing the condition, its severity, suggested management and the expected prognosis in detail with your treating gastroenterologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979