Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Help finding doctor in maryland!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Help finding doctor in maryland!!

Hi, i'm new to this forum and my name is JJ.  I have had crohn's disease since I was 14 and am now 22 years old.  The reason I started an account here is because I REALLY need help finding a doctor.  My crohn's has progressively gotten worse over the years, and medicines that used to be helping are now doing absolutely nothing whatsoever.... the only thing that helps me any more is pain medication.  If I go to the hospital due to pain from my crohn's they will hook me up to an IV and give me medication for as long as I stay, and they will write me a perscription for around 20 5 mg percoset for when I leave.  needless to say, this RX is definately not cutting it.  When I used to be in colorado I was perscriped opana and that drug worked GREAT.  I now moved to maryland though and doctors here absolutely refuse to put me on any type of opiate pain treatment.  They keep switching my medicines and NOTHING is helping.  I really need to find a pain doctor in or NEAR maryland (I am willing to travel a state or two.... not too far though, like I've heard Florida for example is very liberal with helping people with pain meds but that is a 23 hour drive for me).   I'm not a junkie and am not looking to get pills to get high.... it's just really began to affect my life and I even lost my last job for calling out so much due to pain.  Someone please help me.... I need it bad.  oh and insurance wouldn't matter, I'm about to lose mine at the end of the month (result of losing the job I was just talking about....)

thank you so much in advance if anyone can help.