Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
IBS or something else
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IBS or something else

In March, I had food poison, acute stomach pain with diarrhea. My GP trated it with some medicines and injections.

After that I had burning sensation in my upper stomach and strained a lot for passing tools leading to piles.

In June I went to a Gastro for checkup. He did endoscopy and treated my mild antral gastritis / h pylori infection with antibiotics and PPIs.

Since I had weight loss, the doctor asked me to do a complete blood test, liver function test, chest Xray, CT scan of abdomen and also colonoscopy.

The results were are positive and no problem with my abdomen.

I was completely normal after the gastritis treatment until end of July.

I started to eat all kinds of food (in small amounts).

Since August another problem took off. For the past four weeks I have alternative diarrhea and constipation with bloating and dull lower abdominal pain.

I had piles attack once again. I had fybogel to treat my consipation and it worked well.

I asked my Gastro doctor about my condition on phone, he said since all your tests were normal, there is nothing to worry about.

Since I am living overseas, he suggested me to visit a GP.

I passed loose stools once last saturday and yesterday evening and today morning.

I am worried if I have IBD or IBS.

Please help.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank