Incoming Surgery
I am 27 years old and have had a J pouch since 1996. I have always had pelvic pain but it has seemed to get worse and worse over the years. It is to the point where I can not handle the pain anymore and sought medical help. My GI surgeon has retired. I have gone through a battery of tests and found that my adhesions have "taken over" my right faliopian tube and ovary along with having a large amount of fluid in my pelvic area. They are wantint to do only a partial hysterectomy and removing some adhesions. I have been trying to do some reasearch on my own but everything that I am reading is scareing me even more. The last thing that i want is to have a ostomy for the reminder of my life, or a prolapse of my J pouch or bladder. My GYN doctor has referred me to a general surgeon and my general surgeon as of yesterday referred me to a colorectal sugeron. So if I have this surgery I will have these three there doing it to make sure things are fine. But going into it I have no idea what is really going to happen. they are saying a lot of it they just have to see wahts going on when they are in there.

Has anyone had this done? And if so, how was it and how did it effect you?

Thank you!
Hi there!

What I understand from the note is that as of now a radical gastroenetrological procedure is not suggested and the plan is to remove the adhesions related to the gynaecological structures.  The decision of a radical surgery would largely be based on the symptoms and clinical findings and it would be too premature to comment on the situation at this time. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with the colorectal surgeon.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hi.

Yes, the plan when they go in is to remove adhesions attached to the the gynaecological structures and if the adheshions are to bad or if they find that I have endometrious bad then they will do a completely hysterectomy.

My concerns are having prolapses due to the hysterectomy and my J pouch being affected by this surgery.

Thank you for you help!