Intermittent partial bowel obstructions
Hello..I have been diagnosed with crohns disease since 2000 but the gi doctors believe my first presentation was in 1983 with a ruptured appendix ensuing peritonitis and bowel resections. I have had ten abdominal surgeries,6 of which were bowel resections mostly of my ileaum. My question is this: I had a bowel obstruction in December 2011 with an emergent laparotomy and now am getting the same symptoms: I eat,distend,do not have a bowel movement for a day besides passage of water diarrhea then I pass some semi formed stool followed by explosive diarrhea. It's very painful in my ruq,rlq but I am not dehydrated,am passing wind so I know I'm not yet fully obstructed and do not want to go to the er..I have an appt next month at one of the best IBD  clinics in the us but do not know what to do now..thanks
Hi there!

Well, this could be an episode of exacerbation, if unable to see a gastroenterologist at this time; I would suggest considering seeing an internist for the time being for temporary management. If the symptoms are acute it is preferred to switch to a semi-solid low fiber diet to avoid precipitation of complications.
Hope this helps.

Take care!