Interposition of Intestines
2010 I had all but 10" of my colon removed and now I have interposition of intestines.  I am a 56 yr old female.

Who do I go see for interposition of intestine between the right hemidiaphragm and liver?  Has shown up on 3 different kinds of Xrays.  My latest full or complete spine Xray shows the intestines up in my chest.  Who do I go see?  My Xrays were taken to see if I had scoliosis which it shows that as well.

First showing of the intestines in chest was in July and it seems to be getting worse - symptoms: swelling of upper abdomen and pain in chest, shortness of breath.
Hi there!

You would need to see a gastro-surgeon or a general surgeon with enough experience in gastroenterological cases.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!
Hi and thank you for responding - I am scheduled to see my regular GI Doc on Jan 7th.  I also have a surgeon who removed 4ft of my colon if I need surgery.

Let me ask you another question - this condition can it be caused by not having my colon as well as neuromuscular weakness of the lungs and diaphragm?