Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Is there anything wrong with me or not

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Is there anything wrong with me or not

Two years ago when I was living in Spain, I was admitted to hospital with extreme abdominal pains. After two weeks on drips I had a Colonoscopy done they diagnosed Chronic Colitis. I am now seeing a Gastro doctor in UK and he seems to think I am making it all up, at least that is the way he makes me feel. Is it possible to have  Colitis and then for it to disappear?  I still get all the symptoms, such as cramps ,diarrea (diarrhea) etc and I am always so exhausted after I have had two days of sitting on the loo. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks Lyzz
You are definitely not making it up...oh how many times I've felt Stupid after a doctor's visit. I've been told again and again that clinically there is no conclusion of a disease coz I didn't fit into any definition.

Fortunately, my husband believed in me and accompanied me for all the visits. I've understood a couple of things & share in the hope that it might help someone else:

As a non-medic we think doctors can do something if we highlight a symptom early. This is a myth. Diagnosis of some conditions is firmed up only after all the defined list of symptoms are seen.

Meaning sometimes we need to wait for more symptoms to appear and then doctors are able to lable the illness and offer a treatment! It is not that they don't want to help or are not competent...it is just that Science needs to advance more.

I'm not sure if colitis can be totally cured but that would be wonderful & I'd celebrate with you BUT if you are feeling unwell do seek medical help since we would want it to deteriorate further. A second opinion from another gastroenterologist wouldn't harm.
Apologies for the error in my last sentence...we wouldn't want your condition to deteriorate. My best wishes...