J-pouch problems
I have had a J-pouch for 8yrs and it has been problem free. For the past month I have had severe pains in my pouch which is very painful when I go to the loo.I used to have good  j-pouch capacity but now I am going to the loo constantly  and can hardly walk at times. I will be talking to my surgeon next week but does anyone know what this could be?
Hi there!  I've had a J-pouch for 15 years without any problems.  It sounds like you may have pouchitis and hopefully a round of some good antibiotics might get you back on track.
I have had a j-pouch for 17 years and I agree with Trudie that you probably have a pouchitis.  Antibiotics and my doctor has me on lactulose for chronic pouchitis.
I have had a j-pouch for over 12 years. At the time of my surgery I was told it would last for about 10 years. It is very encouraging to hear that some have had their for 15 plus years. Has anyone experienced failure of the j-pouch after many years and what are the signs that one is failing?