Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Liver Damage- 6MP

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Liver Damage- 6MP

I recently was hospitalized for my Chron's disease. I found out that the 6MP has caused some liver damage.  I have not been back to the GI yet and it has been a month.  I do go back to my PCP this week.  I have many questions about the liver damage and why I am still only on a steroid for the Chrons. Has anyone else had this situation or something similar?
I have been on 6MP for about 23 years and have had blood tests about every 3 to4 months to watch for liver damage. Is that what they do with you?
Stop accepting this disease...Crohns is curable by natural remedies.  Aloe is a great inflammation reducer...you didn't get sick overnight and it will probable take 2-3 months to start healing your body....read my other comments on this page!  Stop THINKING DISEASE....START THINKING HEALING!!!!!!!!!!!1
Healing is all well and good hun but Crohn's is NOT curable! It's manageable , yes. Your comment is giving a false impression. If you choose natural medicine then you have to stick with it, if it works, to keep Crohn's at bay. So either way you go you can live a normal life with this illness but it stays with you the rest of your life. Sorry to bust your bubble as I have Crohn's and am also in remission with a good combo of medications. I did take 6-mp but chose to stop it when my liver function wasn't right and I lost a child due to the medication. Now I'm doing well but I can tell you that it's quite possible to end up having problems again. Don't tell people that it is curabe. You apparently need to research it better!
Avatar n tn
hi Peanuts2 ...really Alo vera gel can cure in 2-3 month the ulcerative colities? please send me more info of what you know or your experience.  Thank you so much for your help. send to my email :
behappy000111
   use gmail