Medicine stopped working?
         I am 31 and was diagnosed with crohn's disease about two and a half years ago, but had symptoms for years before. I used to have problems with making it to the bathroom in time which was a horrible feeling, but I havn't had much pain.
        Since being diagnosed with crohn's I have tried a few different medicine's. The first was Prednisone, then ASA, then another, and finnally Methotrexate and prednisone together which seemed to help tremedously. I weened myself (with Dr recomendation) off of the prednisone after the symtoms went away and continue to take the Methotrexate. It seemed as if the crohn's was in remission for about 6 months, but I have recently had a flare-up.
        I don't have insurance and the dr bills are getting expensive, so I need advise as if this is temporary or if I need to change medicine again. The problem of missing the bathroom hasn't been an issue again, but I do have diahrrea and horrible smelling gas. What else can I try, and when I see my Dr again what questions should I ask him?
I just read something the other day, but I don't remember what site, about crohn's disease patients also having celiac disease together with the crohn's more often than not.  So maybe try a gluten free diet and see if that is contributing to your symptoms.  Who knows!  It might make things alot better.  It can't hurt to try the diet.  Just make sure you are 100% gluten free - the smallest amount can trigger an autoimmune response.  Give it a few months and see if it helps.  You might have some relief within a few days or weeks.  Everyone is different.  Make sure your vitamins and medications are gluten free also.  Just call the pharmacy that supplies your meds to find out if they are gluten free.  If you need suggestions on what to eat, just let me know.  I'll check for your post.
during a flare gas and the stools might smell worse. In my experience with Crohn's medicines do just stop working over time. I had two big flares in since I've been diagnosed with the disease. The first time prednisone worked like a charm. I was taking off and back on it between flares for smaller flares, well the other big one it help a little through IV's but it didn't work. So yeah medicines do stop working. (If i was you I'd see if you can get on a state insurance thing since you do need meds, i'd apply.)  But talk to your doctor about other medication such as remicade or humira. I suggest talking more about the humira, for me being on humira was life changing back to where I was before I was diagnosed.