Melatonin and Crohn's Disease. A little worried.

I have been taking melatonin supplements for a couple weeks now. The past couple days I had abnormal looking stools, and I started looking around on the internet and found that melatonin can cause abnormal looking stools, and even sometimes trigger symptoms of Crohn's disease. But what I was wondering is this: when it says that it can trigger symptoms of Crohn's disease does it mean it just "mimics" Crohn's disease? Only cause Crohn's disease symptoms in people with Crohn's disease? Aggravate symptoms in people with Crohn's disease, or what? I'm not diagnosed with Crohn's disease, but was wondering if the melatonin could of caused my first possible "flare". I just had abnormal looking stools, and one time diarrhea. No abdominal cramping or blood in stool. Any help is much appreciated.
Hi there!

This means that melatonin can trigger the symptoms of crohn’s in a person who has not yet been diagnosed of it but has an underlying tendency or can trigger an exacerbation; though studies have shown that it can both either ameliorate or exacerbate the symptoms of crohn’s. Melatonin by itself can cause diarrhea and the symptoms may not be related to crohn’s. You may consider an evaluation by a gastroenterologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!