Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
Needing help with Candidis!!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Needing help with Candidis!!!

Hi....I would like to hear from people who are working on the Candidis issue.  I have fat malabsorption, high oxalates in urine and colitis (diarrhea).
1.  What diet is working for you?
2.  What probiotics are you using that seem to be working?
3.   What other supplements are you using?
Any info. would be gratefully appreciated!
Hi there!

Candidiasis is an infection and diet habits and probiotics may not be of much benefit as taking appropriate anti-biotics. Soft diet with low fiber content may be preferred with ongoing colitis. You could try consulting a nutritionist for the same.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I have something similar that I cannot get rid of in there. I would suggest to take a saccaromyces boulardii supplement (the natural enemy of candida), reduce sugars and starches (fungi love that stuff) and maybe, if you are really desperate, try the garlic and vinegar approach. I press 2-3 cloves of garlic into half a glass of milk in the evening, let it rest over night and filter it in the morning, pressing out the garlic, and drink this very icky smelling stuff lightly heated (30 s microwave) every morning, on an empty stomach. Or prepare a garlic brandy, works the same, tastes less icky. Garlic is antiparasitic, anti-fungal, anti bacterial and anti viral. And since you drink the oil, not the rest of the garlic, your breath won't smell. Apparently, it take around 20 days to really get rid of everything, but I can feel my problem leaving me. Additionally, drink 2 Tsp apple cider vinegar in a glass of water daily, it makes the gut uninhabitable for bad bugs like candida.
Back to the garlic brandy: press 250 g of garlic into 500 ml brandy or wodka (40% alcohol), shut the bottle and leave in the sun or a warm place for 14 days. Shake everyday. Filter, and take 1 tablespoon before meals, 3 times daily.
I have suffered form yeast infections off and on for years. My doc said it was from too much Candidis in my body. Have tried eating different to no avail. Also used over the counter medications and they only worked temporary
.
The only thing that has worked for me permanently is pine cone extract Immunophen. It took about 30 days to become fully effective, meaning that after using the product (Immunophen) for about a month the symptoms of that nagging itching, burning finally went away.  I would highly recommend this treatment. Michelle
How long did you take it after symptoms went away? Are you still taking Immunophen?
My son-in-law suffered an extremely serious case of systemic candidiasis. It was so bad that he was unable to work. He took oregano oil (in large quantities) for six months before the condition was brought under control.