New Humira Patient
I have been on humira for 3 months after 12 years of remicade.  I have had no changes in how my crohn's has been controlled, but my joint pain has more than tripled (and it was pretty bad to start with)  Along with joint pain, I am experiencing inflammation in major joints that I have not experienced the entire time I was on remicade.  I am concerned with joint damage and pain management is becoming difficult.  I also am experiencing a complete loss of appetite and I have dropped 15 pounds in three months.  Has anyone else experienced these issues, and if so, did you find any solutions?
Hi!
If Remicade was suiting you then probably you should go back on that. Humira may or may not suit every one. Also, one has to find the right mix and match of treatment. The treatment involves steroids, anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressant, tumor necrosis factor inhibitors, diet control and maybe even surgery. Of this Remicade or tumor necrosis factor inhibitors seem to be helping you. So if not Remicade then maybe your doctor can put on any other, along with an anti-inflammatory or a steroid. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.