Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
No bowel movement in 5 days

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

No bowel movement in 5 days

I have  been taking laxatives for 2 years to control my weight.  This last time I took a huge number of laxatives and nothing happened, it's now been 6 days and I have not  had a bowel movement.  I am worried what should I do?  
Hello there! Well based on what you just described, you may have an intestinal blockage. You need to go to your doctor right away so that he can prescribe you the right meds for the problem. A couple of months ago, someone told me to take soluble fiber to loose weight and I took more than what I had to take, so I was not able to evacuate for 3 days. I was hungry as the food did passed from my stomach to my intestines, but then nothing happen after that. I went to the doc right away as the pain was getting worse and the discomfort was unbearable. He prescribed me some stuff that did the trick. If you haven't gone to the doc, I suggest you go. Good luck!