Normal symptoms of Crohn's Flair ups
I've had Crohn's for about 6 years now, and am going through THE worst flair up I've ever had since being diagnosed.  I, of course, had horrible abdominal pain, so went to the Urgent Care, had a fever, high pulse, and was dehydrated.  They started me on steroids (again) and pain meds.  It'll be a week tomorrow, I still have bad pain, all over my abdomen, and throughout my back and neck.  My stomach is so swollen!!  And it seems as though in the past I've bounced back once I started on the steroids, it seemed like they worked much more quickly.  I'm frustrated, but wanting to make sure this is all Crohn's related and not something else.  I haven't had abdominal swelling or back pain like this in the past.

I was diagnosed 6 years ago and have had one resection already. The last 18 months have been the worst flare up ever. I have been seeing a naturopath that specialises in crohns and gastro disorders and she has given me the best dietary advice EVER.  

Avoid Gluten, dairy, alcohol, sugar and caffeine. I guarantee if you remove these out of your diet you will have less bloating, less symptoms... Its taken me 3 months and I am about 90% free of all 5 and I am feeling way better.  I have been on Humira for four months and it is slowly working too but that took away the pain not the bloating/swelling.

I also find concentrated fish oil ROCKS! Get the bottle of it with the high omega 3 at 4-5gm BUT the ingredients EPA and DHA should be around 1-2gm each as these 2 ingredients are what helps our immune system. Forget the capsules as you would need 6-8 of these to help.  

Dont listen to peoples advice unless they know about Crohns too. Our immune systems are different to a 'normal' person and our bodies need extra help.

I wish you all the best and please lose all stress in your life!!

eM