On humira, is it causing the burning?
I have had crohnes disease since 13. I am now 28 and have also been diagnosed with ra and osteoporosis. I have ha many weird side effects from crohnes such as arrhythmia nodosun.

Currently I am extremely photosensitive. I feel like a vampire on movies getting Byrne every time I step into the sun. Mainly on arms face and neck. My neck gets a reoccurring burn mark that mimics those that would come from a curling iron. It always happens in the same spot, lower left neck superficial to my anterior scalene.

I am worried because I have been on humira for a couple years an have been worried about side effect. I was also on 6mp which I do know is a major risk. I told my doctor of the mess risks but he said I needed them. I took myself of 6mp because I do not want white tcell lymphoma cancer.

I have heard it could be shingles but my professors say it would be more uniformly spread through my upper arms.

Any advice? My wonderful doc never called me back?
Hi there!

Photosensitivity is often associated with autoimmune conditions and is largely an effect of the primary condition, than a side effect of the medication. You could make use of commercially available sunblocks for reduced sensitivity. It is not advisable to start of stop medications without medical advice. For each medication, the benefits of taking the medications are well evaluated against the risks/ side effects. I would suggest discussing the situation and the management plan in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!