Pain after Bowel resection
I had a bowel resection, also my Ileum was removed as well as a small portion of my colon this was back in July of 2009 due to Crohn's I am now experiencing pain where I had the surgery it seems to happen around the time I am going to have a bowel movement. Has anyone had this type of surgery if so are you experiencing this type of problem so long after surgery. I did read a post where someone had surgery similar to mine and was told by there Dr. that it takes up to a year for swelling to go down...
my husband just had a bowel resection and when he came home and started eating food had severe pain when having a bowel movement.  We ended up BACK in the ER and he had a CAT scan and they found 2 seromas and a hematoma.  He had 3 drain tubes inserted for about 10 days which drained blood and fluid.  We thought we were good but now he is in pain again so back to the surgeon tomorrow. Make them give you a CAT scan, you should not have pain, merely discomfort.
I had surgery for Diverticulitis about 8 weeks ago. I am still having pain on my left side. I feel like someone kicked me there? Is this a normal feeling, as I feel it is not? I am going to call my surgeon. Has anyone else felt this after their surgery? Thank you!